Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Trying to include component on page and getting error

Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to include component on page via sightly code using

<div data-sly-resource="${'btn' @ resourceType='world/components/content/max-button'}"> </div>

I can see the parsys of the max-button component but unable to author it. In logs I am getting the below error. Need help

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.policies.ContentPolicyManagerImpl.hasStructureTemplate(ContentPolicyManagerImpl.java:223) [com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-core:5.12.172]
at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.policies.ContentPolicyManagerImpl.getPolicyMapping(ContentPolicyManagerImpl.java:241) [com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-core:5.12.172]
at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.policies.ContentPolicyManagerImpl.getPolicy(ContentPolicyManagerImpl.java:104) [com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-core:5.12.172]
at com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.internal.servlets.embed.EmbeddableOptionsDataSourceServlet.getEmbeddableOptions(EmbeddableOptionsDataSourceServlet.java:73) [com.adobe.cq.core.wcm.components.core:2.17.0]
at com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.internal.servlets.embed.EmbeddableOptionsDataSourceServlet.doGet(EmbeddableOptionsDataSourceServlet.java:62) [com.adobe.cq.core.wcm.components.core:2.17.0]
at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:266) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0]
at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:342) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0]
at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:374) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0]
at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.RequestData.service(RequestData.java:570) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.7.4]
at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.SlingComponentFilterChain.render(SlingComponentFilterChain.java:45) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.7.4]
at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:82) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.7.4]
at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDeveloperModeFilter.doFilter(WCMDeveloperModeFilter.java:119) [com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-core:5.12.172]
at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:72) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.7.4]
at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDebugFilter.doFilter(WCMDebugFilter.java:156) [com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-core:5.12.172]
at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:72) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.7.4]
at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:78) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.7.4]

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you check core embed component if you are using it?

That component required policy to set for the template.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/components/embed.ht...

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Do you have any sling model for max-button component? Could you please brief us about htl/sightly part of max-button component.

Level 7

Yes we have sling model for max-button. 
Max-button have design dialog -  With allowed embeddedable.

Max-button have embeddable node- youtube, wimeo and more

Sightly code have links url, label, button type, embeddeables

Employee Advisor

From the error statement it looks like due to absence of embeddedable node you are getting null pointer exception for the first time. 

Are you reading embeddedable as object in sling model? If yes, have you done null check.

Community Advisor

From the logs, I think the problem is with the template policy.

I think the component you are trying to include is not allowed within the template policies. Try adding that component to the list of allowed components for the template.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you check core embed component if you are using it?

That component required policy to set for the template.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/components/embed.ht...

Arun Patidar