Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

TouchUI component not updating on page when added, modified, or deleted

Level 4

Looking for some direction here.

I have created a Touch UI component that works normally for editing the component properties, but:

• does not show up when I drag it onto the page, but it is there after page refresh
  • does not disappear when I delete it from the page, but it is gone after page refresh
  • does not update content on the page after modification, but the content is updated after a page refresh.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for your assistance.

13 Replies

Level 10

Is this behavior observed in only this component or in all custom TOUCH UI components.

Are you seeing any browser errors?

This should not be occurring.

Level 4

Quick check with the OOTB text component and text/image component. Seeing same behavior.

Level 10

This certainly should not be happening. As you know - as soon as you a component onto a page - the component should be visible immediately. Are you seeing any log errors or browser errors.

Community Advisor

If it is for specific one or two component, please use listeners.

How to refresh a page when a component is modified

few things:

1. Please check error log or console once component is drag n drop to a page. It can be a problem with page.

2. Restart AEM and check if issue still exists.

~ Prince

Level 4

Thanks for further ideas on this.

I created a clean 6.2 and 6.4 authoring environment. Loaded the touch ui component into the environments and proved the refresh works properly for add, delete, and modify.

Guessing it must have something to do with our templates and possible jquery/javascript conflicts.

Level 4

This has been marked "Assumed Answered" yet I still have the problem.

Even though the OOTB AEM works as specified, my instance is not working and I am looking for leads to resolve the issue.

When I discover the solution I will post it here.

Level 10

AS you specified - this looks like a lib conflict on this specific instance. A fresh instance - as you said  - you are not seeing this behavior.

To get more background - did this start happening all of a sudden or after a new package was installed.

Level 4

We are just starting to work with Touch UI and found this issue occurring. So no idea when it started in relation to any change.

Level 1

I'm having the same issue, I've created a new Text component child of the Text core component, and I'm using a very simple static template base-page child of wcm/foundation/components/page with just a parsys on it, and when I add my component to my page I need to refresh the page to see it, same for delete. I'm using AEM 6.4 no Service Pack installed. Any help on this please?

Level 1

Also an update for this, using WeRetail: I've created a new page under /content/we-retail/us/en I called my page test1, the template is /conf/we-retail/settings/wcm/templates/content-page and I'm getting the same behavior, when I add the Text component in the parsys I can't see the component until I refresh my page, same for deletion. This is a very OOTB behavior since I'm not using anything from my side, just a clean AEM6.4 instance. I'm going to install the Service Pack 1 and 2 and do the same test cases to see if something changes.

Community Advisor

Please check after installing a service pack.

i assume there is no custom code deployed in ur server.

Because in our case we faced this issue when ever we updated sling resource resolver configuration.

Level 1

I don't know if that was the reason but I did a clean instance with no ACS Commons and works for me