Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

TOUCH UI - Hide In Navigation - Default to checked

Level 5

I'm using AEM 6.0 SP3, Touch UI.  In the page dialog, is there a way to set the Hide In Navigation checkbox to "checked" by default?

I tried adding a cq:template to the page but that does not seem to work.

Thanks,

-Dean

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Goto 

/libs/foundation/components/page/cq:dialog/content/items/tabs/items/basic/items/column/items/title/items/hideinnav

and add a property 'checked' and value 'true' of type 'String'. It will set the value checked by default.

However, you will have to overlay this tab in your <project>/components/page and make the change.

Regards,

Lokesh

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Goto 

/libs/foundation/components/page/cq:dialog/content/items/tabs/items/basic/items/column/items/title/items/hideinnav

and add a property 'checked' and value 'true' of type 'String'. It will set the value checked by default.

However, you will have to overlay this tab in your <project>/components/page and make the change.

Regards,

Lokesh

Level 5

Thank you Lokesh.

That worked for when I actually open the dialog and see that the checkbox is enabled.

If someone creates a page, but does NOT edit page properties, is there a way to have it default to "checked"?

Thanks,

-Dean

Level 10

I dont see any options for it. You may have to customize the service when the page is created to read that value and store it.

Employee Advisor

You can create the template node (cq:Template) of the page with the jcr:content node having the property name and value preset on it. And then when you create the page content then it should automatically have the value set. 

Community Advisor
      As Lokesh mentioned we can achieve overwriting the the dialog. Other way is to write a service which should be called from your page component which is used by your template. In this service write the logic to set a property to your node hideinnav as true using currentpagepath as parameter in your custom service.