Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Touch UI equivalent for showhide xtype

Level 2

We're in the process of converting all of our Classic UI dialogs to Touch UI using the dialog conversion tool. We're using the showhide xtype in a lot of our form field components and we're looking for an equivalent or alternative widget for the Touch UI. Any suggestions?

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Is showhide is OOTB xtype or custom.

But there is no type available in touch UI to show hide with cutomization.

You can refer below example to create showhide functionality in touch ui diaog

Show/hide related implementation in dialog in AEM 6.3

https://gist.github.com/rjspiker/003cf9eac1e853bb109a

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hey Arun,

Thanks for the reply but the examples provided won't work for this scenario. The showhide is an OOTB xtype. It is used to capture the show/hide logic for fields within a web form instead show/hide logic for widgets within a dialog.

Community Advisor

Hi,

In Touch UI , you need to write code which act on onChange event

For example below file is OOTB for show hide items based on dropdown selection, similarly you can write your own

/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/dropdownshowhide/clientlibs/dropdownshowhide/js/dropdownshowhide.js

https://aem.adobemarketingclub.com/toggle-fields-based-on-selection-in-granite-ui-dialogs/

If you have ACS AEM common package install then you can check below as well.

Show/Hide Widgets

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Arun,

I am aware of how to implement show/hide logic for widgets within a dialog. That's not what i'm asking about here. I'm referring to the specific showhide xtype which handles show/hide logic for the HTML elements in a web form, not widgets in a dialog. The values captured in this xtype are passed along to the Abacus JS which handles form logic for components that extend OOTB form field components. Below is a screenshot of the showhide xtype. Clicking that checkbox in the background dialog opens the 2nd dialog that allows authors to configure show/hide logic for elements that are present on the web form.

1593175_pastedImage_0.png

Community Advisor

Hi,

I think it is related to AEM Form components. Check below if helps otherwise post same in AEM Form community

Developing Forms

AEM Forms Community

Adobe Experience Manager Forms

Arun Patidar

Level 2

It's not related to AEM Forms either. Please stop polluting this thread with unrelated suggestions.

Level 1

Did you find a way to use the xtype showhide in touch ui? If yes then can you please help me too with it.

Level 2

Hi, Even I see the same issue. Can someone please suggest any idea on this?