Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Touch UI Dialog Tabs - granite:hidden does not hide tab

Level 2

Hi,

we are moving from Classic UI to touch UI on AEM 6.3 SP1. There is one component which has 3 tabs[general, Image1, Image2]. When dialog opens, only first tab[general] should be visible to author, other two tabs[image1,image2] should be in hidden state. To hide two tabs, we have used granite:hidden{Boolean} true property on two tabs[image1, image2]. These two tabs has sling:resourcetypes granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/fixedcolumns.

1582963_pastedImage_6.png

1583015_pastedImage_7.png

This property hides all fields under tabs [image1, Image2] but does not hide tab label from tab header.

1583016_pastedImage_8.png

1583017_pastedImage_9.png

In browser developer tool, i can see "hidden" is applied to tabs content but not on tab label.

1583029_pastedImage_0.png

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Vikash,

Have a look at following adaptTo presentation from this year, it may answer the question you currently have[0].

[0] https://adapt.to/2018/en/schedule/migrating-a-large-aem-project-to-touchui.html

Regards,

Peter

Level 2

Hi,

The adaptTo presentation has excellent explanation about fundamental concept of touch UI, approaches, best practices, tools that we have to use during Classic UI to Touch UI conversion.

Unfortunately, I  did not find anything specific to this issue.

Thanks.

Community Advisor

Hi,

The class is getting applied to the fixed column, as you added the granite:hidden there only. To handle visibility of Tabs, you have to write javascript where on dialog ready you can hide tab title or container as well.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi,

Below custom javascript code works for me on "dialog-ready" event.

function hideTabs(){  

var tabviewSelector = $(".toggletabs > coral-tablist > coral-tab");        

if( typeof tabviewSelector !== undefined || tabviewSelector !== null){

tabviewSelector.each(function(index){  

if(index !== 0 ){

tabviewSelector[index].hide();

}

});

}  

}   

Community Advisor

Dear Vikash,

Please remember that while this works in 6.3 there is not guarantee this code would work in 6.4, 6.5 .e.t.c.

We should really as a community push Adobe to provide better API's to interact with AEM Front End Page Dialogs, so that we get consistent results during upgrades and have a reliable API for use cases like yours.

Regards,

Peter

Level 1

Hi Vikash,

You can try to add the property sling:hideResource  and set it to True.

I did it for some page Properties tabs and it worked. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/sling-resource-mer...

Azizou69004_0-1617802300505.png

Aziz