Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Touch UI dialog - Form's action attribute is empty

Level 4

Hi Experts, 

We are in process of converting the components and templates from Classic to touch UI. This process is completed almost. However, when the code is deployed in the QA platform, none of the dialog's data are stored. i.e. contents are not stored.

When I debug the issue, all the dialog form's action value is empty. (Please refer the screenshots). At the same time, it has the proper value in my local instance.

Nandujee_0-1651487968902.png

I need your expert advice on the same

Could you please help here?

Thank you,

Nanda

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you look for the following request from network tab when you open the dialog for editing

Https://server:port/mnt/override/apps/<your component>/_cq_dialog.html/<your component in the pagepage>

e.g.

http://localhost:4502/mnt/override/apps/weretail/components/content/heroimage/_cq_dialog.html/content/we-retail/language-masters/en/experience/arctic-surfing-in-lofoten/jcr:content/root/hero_image?resourceType=weretail%2Fcomponents%2Fcontent%2Fheroimage&_=1651510640496

Also check /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/dialog.jsp for backend rendering.

String dataPath = slingRequest.getRequestPathInfo().getSuffix();

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Which version of AEM are you using?

Could you please check the AEM version in local and in QA?

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Hi @arunpatidar,

I'm using AEM 6.5 + service pack 7 in both environments.

Thank you

Nanda

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you look for the following request from network tab when you open the dialog for editing

Https://server:port/mnt/override/apps/<your component>/_cq_dialog.html/<your component in the pagepage>

e.g.

http://localhost:4502/mnt/override/apps/weretail/components/content/heroimage/_cq_dialog.html/content/we-retail/language-masters/en/experience/arctic-surfing-in-lofoten/jcr:content/root/hero_image?resourceType=weretail%2Fcomponents%2Fcontent%2Fheroimage&_=1651510640496

Also check /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/dialog.jsp for backend rendering.

String dataPath = slingRequest.getRequestPathInfo().getSuffix();

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

Hi @Nandujee ,

• Are you using OOTB form container without any customizations?
  • Are you using any external URL in the action/ custom URL in your form action?
  • Also, please check the core components version in your local and the environment which has this issue? Are they the same?

Level 4

Hi @Anmol_Bhardwaj 

We are not using any OOTB component, all are customed components.

Also, no external URLs are used in the action.

Thank you

Nanda