Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Tomcat getting 503 error

Level 5

When i deploy aem war file into the tomcat server i am getting 503 error. Can anyone please help me to resolve this problem?

7 Replies

Level 5

04-Sep-2018 13:10:12.722 INFO [http-nio-4509-exec-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log granite: Setting sling.home=/crx-quickstart (servlet parameter sling.home)

04-Sep-2018 13:10:12.723 SEVERE [66] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log granite: Failed to start Apache Sling in /crx-quickstart

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Sling Home /crx-quickstart/launchpad cannot be created as a directory

at org.apache.sling.launchpad.base.shared.Loader.getLaunchpadHomeFile(Loader.java:387)

at org.apache.sling.launchpad.base.shared.Loader.<init>(Loader.java:80)

at org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.SlingServlet$3.<init>(SlingServlet.java:306)

at org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.SlingServlet.startSling(SlingServlet.java:306)

at org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.SlingServlet.access$000(SlingServlet.java:58)

at org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.SlingServlet$2.run(SlingServlet.java:289)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Level 5

no it is not helpful for me anything else can you suggest?

Administrator

I could recall some similar issue earlier as well.

Can you you:

• Look at your error.log during start up and look for exceptions and error messages. These exceptions and error messages will clue you into what the problem is.
  • If you don't see error messages log into felix and see if you have any bundles that aren't starting and try to manually start them and watch the error logs while you are manually starting them

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

All bundles up and running?

If no, try starting them again.

If yes, then i would request you to create a Support ticket for this one.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

bundles are not creating because when i deploy aem into tomcat it is not running and felix console is also not opening