Expand my Community achievements bar.

The call to request_for_activation workflow is two times. Why?

Level 2

Hi,

When I activate a page, the request_for_activation triggers. 

There are there scenarios:

1. I pick a modified/new page then clicked on publish button from the sidekick. Then I see the alert window as you see the attached screenshot. I proceed to activate. But there are TWO jobs getting created with payloads:

/content/us/test-page and /content/us/test-page/jcr:content

2. In the second scenario, I pick a already published page then clicked on publish button from the sidekick.I proceed to activate. There is only one job with payload /content/us/test-page.

3. In the third scenario, from the siteadmin, I pick a modified/new page then right click -> Workflow -> Select workflow and proceed to activate. There is only one job with payload /content/us/test-page.

In all these three scenarios, the request_for_activation workflow got picked. Here the question is, in the first scenario, why there is job with payload /content/us/test-page/jcr:content ?

Thanks

Srini

2 Replies

Level 10

Should only always be 1 call like you see via the site admin. This sounds like some sort of bug. 

Level 2

I have a simple workflow with just one process. I still see two paths [1] when I activate. I don't see this issue with geometrixx pages. How triggers the workflow with jcr:content payload as well?

[1] 

/content/us/test-page and /content/us/test-page/jcr:content