Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

The bundle version change (2.1.0 to 2.1.1) is too low, the new version must be at least 2.2.0

Level 1

Hi,

I have cloned the aem-guides-wknd repo and trying to build a custom logic on top it.

When I do a build it gets failed with following error.

[ERROR] The bundle version change (2.1.0 to 2.1.1) is too low, the new version must be at least 2.2.0
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary for WKND Sites Project - Reactor Project 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT:
[INFO]
[INFO] WKND Sites Project - Reactor Project ............... SUCCESS [ 2.155 s]
[INFO] WKND Sites Project - Core .......................... FAILURE [ 31.665 s]
[INFO] WKND Sites Project - UI Frontend ................... SKIPPED
[INFO] WKND Sites Project - UI apps structure ............. SKIPPED
[INFO] WKND Sites Project - UI apps ....................... SKIPPED
[INFO] WKND Sites Project - UI content .................... SKIPPED
[INFO] WKND Sites Project - UI config ..................... SKIPPED
[INFO] WKND Sites Project - UI sample content ............. SKIPPED
[INFO] WKND Sites Project - All ........................... SKIPPED
[INFO] WKND Sites Project - Integration Tests ............. SKIPPED
[INFO] WKND Sites Project - UI Tests ...................... SKIPPED
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 39.954 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2022-08-26T15:49:48+05:30
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal biz.aQute.bnd:bnd-baseline-maven-plugin:5.1.2:baseline (baseline) on project aem-guides-wknd.core: An error occurred while calculating the baseline: The baselining plugin detected versioning errors -> [Help 1]

I have followed this article and doesn't work - https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/an-error-occurred-while-ca... 

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Looks like the BND baselining is active.

This baselining is a mechanism to detect API changes meaning changes in Java packages, which are exported from your bundle and can be used by other bundles. It helps to detect incompatible changes, which can require an update on all consumers.

In your case you have probably added classes to the package com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd.models or any other Java package which is not in or below com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd.models.impl.

You have a number of options:

* You probably do not plan to provide interfaces or service definitions to other packages, so you can move all your changes into such an "impl" package (a java package which contains an "impl" part; these are not exported by OSGI/bnd by default).

* Or you can disable the baselining plugin from the pom. If you are not planning to use code from this bundle in a different bundle, an incompatible change should not matter.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Looks like the BND baselining is active.

This baselining is a mechanism to detect API changes meaning changes in Java packages, which are exported from your bundle and can be used by other bundles. It helps to detect incompatible changes, which can require an update on all consumers.

In your case you have probably added classes to the package com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd.models or any other Java package which is not in or below com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd.models.impl.

You have a number of options:

* You probably do not plan to provide interfaces or service definitions to other packages, so you can move all your changes into such an "impl" package (a java package which contains an "impl" part; these are not exported by OSGI/bnd by default).

* Or you can disable the baselining plugin from the pom. If you are not planning to use code from this bundle in a different bundle, an incompatible change should not matter.

Level 7

how can I disable bnd-baseline plugin I commented out <plugin> by commenting out <!-- --> but still seems plugin getting executed. Ask is not to use bnd-baseline in our project as there is a need to auto update versioning with gitlab ci cd pipeline and some shell script.

@Jörg_Hoh 

Employee Advisor

When you disable that plugin, it should not get executed.