Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

TextFields and PathFields inside multifield are collapsing in AEM 6.2

Level 2

Hi,

TextFields and PathFields inside multifield are collapsing in AEM 6.2 if top level TextFields or PathFields are made  mandatory by using required=true. I followed below helpx article and installed latest ACS commons jar as well. After clicking on Done button these fields are collapsing.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an AEM 6.2 HTML Template Language component that uses a Mul...

1467473_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Surendra

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I see you are referring to the top level text field here - this is a text field - above the MF. 

pic55.png

This does cause a issue with the fields in the multi field below it. I was able to reproduce.

This is a bug in the software. Please open a case for this. And show them the node structure here.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Administrator

Can you test and check with the package provided in the article?

Do you see some error in the browser and error.log?

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hi Kautuk,

Did a fresh installation of AEM 6.2,  installed acs-aem-commons-content-3.14.8 package and package mentioned in the helpx article too.

added required=true(Boolean) for the node . No errors are appearing either in browser console or log files.

I even tried to do a validation before submit by following the link mentioned below URL(after removing required=true(Boolean)), still after clicking the Done button those fields were collapsing:

Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 6 SP2 - Touch UI Dialog Before Submit Confirmati...

1467541_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Surendra

Administrator

Checking this with Scott (writer of the article).

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

We are testing this. This article did not use ACS-Commons - but used JS Script that was done at the time of the writing. I will check it however on a fresh AEM 6.2 install.

Level 10

You said you are working on AEM 6.2 - that screenshot looks like 6.3 - unless you changed the theme.

ANyhow - I got a MF working properly on AEM 6.2 -- as shown here;

AMF1`.png

This uses Granite MF and ACS-Commons. We will package up this soon and attach to article.

Level 10

Hi,

Yes it is working fine. Here is the below screenshot. Make sure you install the ACS Commons package as described in the article.

Works6.2.PNG

Also, here is the working package for your reference: Dropbox - mfHTL62.ui.apps-1.0-SNAPSHOT(1).zip  - However we will update this HELPX article for AEM 6.2!!

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Ratna.

Level 2

Hi Ratna,

Multifield is working fine, but the issue is when i make Dashboard field mandatory by adding required=true(Boolean)

1468145_pastedImage_0.png

Then the textfield and pathfield start collapsing while clicking on DONE button:

1468146_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Surendra

Level 10

We asked you to install the package that Ratna pointed you too. You have not done that - as we can see you are still showing a dialog with a light background. THis is not a 6.2 Touch UI dialog.

Once you install the package that Ratna pointed you too. Set the Flag field with required = true

Pic44.png

As you can see - the Flag field does not behave in an unusual way---

Pic45.png

So - please install the package from Dropbox that Ratna pointed you to. Then set required to true on the Flag field. You will see the same results as illustrated in this thread.

Level 2

Hi Scott,

I followed the steps Ratna suggested. I do not wish to set required to true on Flag field inside multifield . I want to set required=true(Boolean) on Dashboard text field . But once i am doing that and clicking on DONE button entire multifield is collapsing.

1468483_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Surendra

Correct answer by
Level 10

I see you are referring to the top level text field here - this is a text field - above the MF. 

pic55.png

This does cause a issue with the fields in the multi field below it. I was able to reproduce.

This is a bug in the software. Please open a case for this. And show them the node structure here.