Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Migrating AEM to use HTTP2 (HTTP/2)

Level 2

Hi. Currently we're on AEM 6.1 with vanilla Apache WS + Dispatcher mod.

I'm new with HTTP/2, I believe there are some manuals on how this is exactly done. Will generic manual HTTP/2 guide - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4  do job for me or there is some adjustments due to using of Dispatcher mod?

Another question - i'm heard that all the content should be served via secured connection(SSL/TLS) and we have some legacy pages that are still served unsecured. Am i right we need to migrate all the content to be served via secured connections first?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

smacdonald2008​: That only references Dynamic Media ... :-)

That manual should be sufficient; it will allow the dispatcher to handle HTTP/2 to the clients, while the dispatcher will still use HTTP/1.1 to talk to AEM; that's not a performance problem (although it would be better if it would use HTTP/2 as well ...)

Switching to HTTPS is a prerequisite, and there is a ton of documents out there how to do it.

Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

smacdonald2008​: That only references Dynamic Media ... :-)

That manual should be sufficient; it will allow the dispatcher to handle HTTP/2 to the clients, while the dispatcher will still use HTTP/1.1 to talk to AEM; that's not a performance problem (although it would be better if it would use HTTP/2 as well ...)

Switching to HTTPS is a prerequisite, and there is a ton of documents out there how to do it.

Jörg