Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Test Scenario : Quick Publish vs Manage Publish in AEM

Level 7

manage-publish-aem.PNG

Abstract

Replication or Publishing content from author to publish is heart of any CMS (Content Management System). In this blog I will go through couple of test scenarios to validate how quick publish and manage publish works in AEM.

Recently for one of my Asset Enterprise customer, I got a request stating how replication works in AEM (Adobe Experience Manager). As most of the customer team involved functional/ Non-Technical members, they are more interested to know how replication in AEM handles below scenarios:-

• Quick Publish/ Manage Publish Now.
    • What will happen if I publish a folder containing nested folders and assets. Will CUG and permissions(rep:policy) also get published ?
    • What will happen, if i publish an asset whose parent folder is not published ?
    • What will happen when i publish a page, can i also publish child pages, without using tree activation ?
  • Manage Publish Later.
    • What will happen if i publish a folder containing nested folders and assets. Will CUG and permissions(rep:policy) also get published ?
    • What will happen, when i publish an asset ?
    • What will happen when i publish a page, can i also publish child pages, without using tree activation ?

Read Full Blog

Quick Publish vs Manage Publish Replication AEM

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

1 Reply

Administrator

@AnkurAhlawat Thank you for sharing this with the AEM community. Marking this as featured.

Kautuk Sahni