Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Tags picker required(Boolean) validation

Level 2
hi All,

I have set required(Boolean) true for the overlayed tagpicker widget.(/libs/cq/gui/components/common/tagspicker/render.jsp) This widget is used as a part of my custom page properties. But even though i select a single value in the tagpicker, the create button is not enabled. I observed that i have to at least select two tagpicker values to qualify the required(Boolean) criteria. Please help me on this issue.

Many thanks for your responses.

13 Replies

Level 10

We noticed a few days ago - Tag Picker was missing from Granite Docs:

Welcome to Granite UI’s documentation! — Granite UI 1.0 documentation

We logged a bug to get the Tag Picker REF back into the Granite Docs.

For this question - we will ask internal ppl as this use case is not documented.

Level 1

Hi smacdonald2008

Is there any info regarding returning documentation of tagspicker back to Granite docs?

Regards

Level 10

Looks like no updates have been made - I am going to check again.

Level 10

We got this reply from one of our Touch UI Experts --

Tags picker has no support for required until 62, so I have published this blog post, not sure if it changed in 63

http://experience-aem.blogspot.com/2016/08/aem-62-touch-ui-create-page-wizard-set-tags-widget-requir...

Hope this helps...

Level 2

Sharing my research and concept on the subject Tags Picker Vs Tag Field. Go for Tags Field (/libs/cq/gui/components/coral/common/form/tagfield) as the other is deprecated from 6.3. The validation can be easily made on the field by simply applying the property required(Boolean) true. Thanks Scott for the guidance.

Level 10

YOu are correct in that moving forward - all articles we write will use Coral Data Types as opposed to granite. We are releasing this one that shows how to work with Coral Multi field this week.

Scott's Digital Community: Creating a Coral 3 Multifield HTML Template Language component for Adobe ...

Employee

Tagpicker has been deprecated in 6.3 as this coral Ui 2. You need to use /libs/cq/gui/components/coral/common/form/tagfield going forward which coralui3 based widget.

Level 1

hi Kunwar

I am aware of that. I need tagpicker as I am developing for 6.2. And from what I know tagfield was introduced only in 6.3, as I can't find it on my 6.2 instance.

Thanks

Employee

In 6.2, Tagpicker doesn't support the required property as the code to support it doesn't exist. This was fixed in 6.3 for sure.  Adobe Internal reference: CQ-95783  if required.

Level 3

I tried to use multiple (boolean) true property to add multiple tags with /libs/cq/gui/components/coral/common/form/tagfield in AEM 6.3 touch UI.

But it seems like, i cannot include multiple tags in it. Any help would be aprreciated.

Community Advisor

Hi Ashish,

I've just tested this. It is working fine for me in AEM 6.3 and 6.4

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 12.48.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 12.45.45 PM.png

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

Tagfield is not working in AEM 6.4.4.0.  I have used the same properties which is mentioned above.  It's throwing some console errors, while click on the browse tag option in the field.

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 6.22.59 PM.png

Below console exception is throwing on click of the button,

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 6.36.39 PM.png

AEM tag field is not working for me.  Any suggestion would be helpful.

kunwarpreets59201723

kunwarpreets59201723smacdonald2008

Thanks,

Velu