Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Tags number limit

Level 2

Hello, 

in order to avoid asset duplicates in the DAM (and therefore to not exceed the disk space limit that we have with AEM managed services),  me and my team are trying to tag every asset with the related products SKUs. 

Could the creation of many SKU tags (over 30k) at the same level (example: /content/cq:tags/SKU/001122) have some impacts on the performances of the whole instance ? We tested it with 5k fake SKUs programmatically created with a servlet, and it seems from the assets interface that there are no issues, also with the tag autocomplete and search.

We also thought about creating tags sublevels every 2 characters but, as you can see from the screenshot, the tag name is not very clean and could lead to input errors from the DAM users.

Guglielmo_Francesconi_0-1636988310792.png

Since we know that the suggested max number of nodes at the same level is 1000, I'm asking if someone has tried before this kind of approach with the tags. 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Guglielmo_Francesconi 

Check some suggestions given here : https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/approach-for-storing-huge-...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Hi Kiran,

thank you for the reply. So I understand that there is no real issue in storing many nodes under one tag node, unless someone access crx and opens it. 

We'll try storing the tags all at the same level. 

Thank you!