Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Synchronization issues using vaultfile.

Level 3

Hello!

I am trying to create an AEM project using Maven and Eclipse and using the vault tool (command line) to syn the changes between CRXDE and Eclipse.  I am using the following article from adobe as my reference

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-aem-project-using-eclipse.html

I am using AEM 6.2 and Eclipse neon.3.  I have used the following maven command to build up my project which I then imported into Eclipse

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeRepository=http://repo.adobe.com/nexus/content/groups/public/ -DarchetypeGroupId=com.day.jcr.vault -DarchetypeArtifactId=multimodule-content-package-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.2 -DgroupId=com.aem.community -DartifactId=testingproject -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackage=com.aem.community -DappsFolderName=testingproject -DartifactName="Testing Project" -DcqVersion="6.2" -DpackageGroup="My Company"

Problem Statement:

While syncing the changes from CRXDE to Eclipse the folder structure get distorted.  Please refer to the snapshot for details.

I am firing the following command in to get the changes reflected in Eclipse from CRXDE. The changes are seen however the folder structure is distored.  What am I doing wrong here ?

vlt --credentials admin:admin co --force http://localhost:4502/crx/-/jcr:root//apps/testingproject

regards

harshs

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Veena,

This was resolved.  I used the filevault  (vault-cli-3.1.16) with AEM 6.2.  Apologies for the delay in replying to you.  Thanks for your assitance.

Regards

Harsh

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Level 10

That article was written for AEM 6 when the Eclipse plug-in was not working so well. IN AEM 6.2 - try using the Eclipse plug-in. 

Level 9

Hi Harsh,

Try with & may be extra slash caused it

vlt --credentials admin:admin co --force http://localhost:4502/crx/-/jcr:root/apps/testingproject test

Thanks,

Level 3

Hello!

I did try using the Eclipse plugin (AEM developer tool plugin) and also tried to install the vaultclipse tool.  However I am facing the errors as depicted in the attached files.  Any suggestions from your side ?

regards

harshs

Level 3

Unfortunately I don't have AEM 6.3

Level 3

Hello MC Stuff,

Well, I did try with a single slash as well earlier it didn't work got the same result.  I did try with the command advised by you

vlt --credentials admin:admin co --force http://localhost:4502/crx/-/jcr:root/apps/testingproject test

The project structure is still distorted. Please refer to the snapshot attached.  Any further guidance from your side will be helpful.

regards

Harsh

Employee

Hi Harsh,

I think you can also import structure directly to Eclipse by using "Import from Server"  wizard of eclipse.

Step 1.In Eclipse, Right click on parent node where you created new structure.

Step 2. Select Import from Server.

Best Regards,

Abhishek Dwevedi

Level 3

Hi Abhishek,

Not sure if I am doing the right thing.  However the import from server isn't working either.  Please refer to the snapshot for the error details. I tried vaultclipse too but no luck.  Will moving to a lower version of eclipse and AEM help.  I reckon with Neon.3 the plugins are not working as expected.

Regards

Harsh

Employee

1/ Do you have a server runtime created in eclipse which points to your AEM host:port ?

2/ If yes , can you push code ( Export to Server )  from Eclipse to CRXDe ? 

3/ You can refer following kb for basics, however it doesn't mention import from crxde.

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/dev-tools/aem-eclipse.html#Sample%20Multi-Module%20Project

Level 3

Hi Abhishek,

Unable to create the startup project using eclipse plugin.  Error is attached.  I even tried with archetype 10 (by default the archetype is 11) but the same error.

regards

Harsh

Employee

It seems that project is created ( as seen in project explorer ) but Server is not getting created.

1/ Make sure your AEM instance is up and running.

2/ Create a AEM runtime server in eclipse. Add your project to server and start the server.

3/ You can also go to your project in eclipse workspace and run "mvn clean install -P autoInstallPackage" to deploy your project.

Level 3

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for getting back and appreciate your assistance.  See the comments inline.

1/ Make sure your AEM instance is up and running.

<Yes it is up and running>

2/ Create a AEM runtime server in eclipse. Add your project to server and start the server.

<Unable to configure it on port 4502 by default it is taking 8080. I have attached the screen shots of all the steps that I am taking to create this.  I hope I am doing it the right way>

3/ You can also go to your project in eclipse workspace and run "mvn clean install -P autoInstallPackage" to deploy your project.

<Is it possible only to push the changes made in eclipse into AEM rather the pushing the entire project ? I reckon the mvn clean install  -P autoInstallPackage will push the entire project>

I also tried with AEM 6.1 and eclipse Mars (going one step down with both AEM and eclipse) however I am seeing the same error.

Regards

Harsh

Community Advisor

Hi harshs

Did you get a solution for this problem. PFB my comments for using vault with eclipse. Tried and tested

1. Version - Vault any version higher than 2.4 is not compatible with eclipse . So make sure to use one which is 2.4 .

1244662_pastedImage_1.png

2. To work in eclipse - Make sure you have installed Eclipse Style Plugin (remove the vault plugin and start from scratch)

I followed http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/configure-filevault-vlt-tool-in-cq/  to configure my vault long back. Hope this helps

PS:- My eclipse is Mars. (high time for an upgrade ) and I work with AEM 6.0 (almost done with ) , 6.2 and 6.3 as and wen needed

Thanks

Veena

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Veena,

This was resolved.  I used the filevault  (vault-cli-3.1.16) with AEM 6.2.  Apologies for the delay in replying to you.  Thanks for your assitance.

Regards

Harsh

Level 3

Eclipse Neon .3 (forgot to mention) in the preivoous thread

Regards

Harsh

Community Advisor

Thats great. Higher versions of Vault had caused issues for me while working with 6.0 , so never dared to upgrade it will give it a try for sure.   Where you needed to do anything additional ? if anything specific we have to take care while setting up this in eclipse like "Eclipse Style Plugin" kind, please let us know. It might help others who have a similar request

Level 3

Hello Veena,

There is nothing additional that needs to be done.  Setup environment variables for the filevault.  The only thing that's a little bit of an issue is that creating a new file in eclipse and then trying to checkin into CRX is not working.  However this is easily got around by creating a new file in CRX and then syncing it in eclipse using filevault.  The regular updates in existing files works both ways.  Hope this helps

Regards
Harsh