Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

sync changes from language masters to a language copy on demand

Level 2

When we rollout language copies from language master, I understand the changes from language master are not synced realtime to its language copies as in live copy.

I want to sync the changes from language master into its language copies on demand basis [not using live copies].

On searching for a solution for it, I found a workflow - wcm: sync language copy. I cant seem to get it running properly, it fails with below exception and also I cant find any documents around this workflow.

Caused by: com.day.cq.workflow.WorkflowException: Failed to load destination language from payload.
at com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.process.SyncLanguageCopyProcess.execute(SyncLanguageCopyProcess.java:72) [com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-translation:1.6.110]
at com.day.cq.workflow.compatibility.CQWorkflowProcessRunner.execute(CQWorkflowProcessRunner.java:93) [com.day.cq.workflow.cq-workflow-impl:6.3.16]
... 9 common frames omitted

Can anyone help me understand how to use this workflow or any alternate ways to address this problem.

Thanks,
Amuthesan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
4 Replies

Community Advisor

hi @Amuthesan_PMI 

Can you please explain -  want to sync the changes from language master into its language copies on-demand basis [not using live copies]?

is that mean you don't want to roll out the live copies?

Level 2

Hi @Pallavi_Shukla_ 

Yes that's correct. My site structure is

• site
    • language-master
    • de
    • es

"de" is not a live-copy of language-master, but is a language copy. There will be updates to the "language-master" and I would like to sync these changes from the language-master to the "de" or "es" via some means.

Thanks,

Amuthesan

Correct answer by
Community Advisor