Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Super Author with ability to manage packages

Level 2

Hello, 

Our group has a super author but we now need that author to manage content package as well.

What permission can we set so our super author can manage content package (versus assigning them as administrator)?

Thanks,

-Leo

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @manlosa2 ,

You have to give access to:

• /libs/cq/core/content/nav/tools/deployment
  • /libs/cq/core/content/nav/tools/deployment/packages

To have installed packages to be visible to the user then you also need to give permission to parent of /etc/packages/my_packages i.e. /etc/packages node.

when you give permission to /etc/packages all the child node will be getting the permission also. Make sure you explicitly remove permission from all the child node except my_packages.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @manlosa2 ,

You have to give access to:

• /libs/cq/core/content/nav/tools/deployment
  • /libs/cq/core/content/nav/tools/deployment/packages

To have installed packages to be visible to the user then you also need to give permission to parent of /etc/packages/my_packages i.e. /etc/packages node.

when you give permission to /etc/packages all the child node will be getting the permission also. Make sure you explicitly remove permission from all the child node except my_packages.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh