Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Summit Toys Helpx Article Intermediate Page Not Opening

Level 10

Hi,

I am following URL for Creating your First Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 website Helpx article.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating your First Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 website

I created the folder structure, template and component and created a Root Page based on the Summit Toys Base Content Page template.

That Root Page displays a blank page, as opposed to the following.

ClientA

This is probably because the sling script is not able to resolve the script.

I could make changes to the files to make this page work, but it is highly likely that I will be stuck up in the following sections of the article.

Could someone test it thoroughly based on these instructions and update?

NOTE: The final package embedded in the article works fine, but it is the intermediate steps that I am referring to.

I highly appreciate all your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Now, I found the reason for these issues.

1. When I created the component, contentpage.jsp was created by default.

I should delete this file, which is essentially a blank one.

So, I request you to add an instruction to delete contentpage.jsp that is created by default.

2. I also understood how this sling script resolution works in this case.

Since this component is inheriting the page foundation component, the moment it fails to resolve to an appropriate script under  contentpage component, it goes one level above and executes page.html from page component.

I will continue this helpx exercise and revert in case of any further issues.

Thanks,

Rama.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Administrator

There is note:  Be sure to delete this file (Head.html ). If you do not, it impacts the site when CSS is added to the site in later steps.

Try it, it should work.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

Hi Kautuk,

1. This step of deletion of Head.html is after the first version of the page, which displays the image I embedded in my post.

So, that content should have come for me.

Once that file is removed, the displayed content is a bit different.

That is why, I am requesting Ranta and Prince to share their experience when they tested.

2. I am also not able to understand the sling script resolution, when the template calls contentpage component.

With only the files depicted below under this component, which script is executed first?

1359151_pastedImage_0.png

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Now, I found the reason for these issues.

1. When I created the component, contentpage.jsp was created by default.

I should delete this file, which is essentially a blank one.

So, I request you to add an instruction to delete contentpage.jsp that is created by default.

2. I also understood how this sling script resolution works in this case.

Since this component is inheriting the page foundation component, the moment it fails to resolve to an appropriate script under  contentpage component, it goes one level above and executes page.html from page component.

I will continue this helpx exercise and revert in case of any further issues.

Thanks,

Rama.