Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Submit form to Servlet CQ5

Level 3

I created a Servlet call ShippingDetailsServlet.java and deployed it. I need to submit a HTML form to it. I am not sure what path I should put in the form action. Below is the form.

<form action="/services/mycompany/ShippingDetailsServlet" method="post"> Country: <input type="text" name="country" value="au"><br> Quantity: <input type="text" name="quantity" value="1"> <cq:include path="./submit" resourceType="foundation/components/form/submit" /> </form>

Please let me know what path should I give for the form action so that it can be submitted to the Servlet.

Below is the Servlet.

package mycompany.servlets;

import org.apache.felix.scr.annotations.Properties; import org.apache.felix.scr.annotations.Property; import org.apache.felix.scr.annotations.sling.SlingServlet; import org.apache.sling.api.SlingHttpServletRequest; import org.apache.sling.api.SlingHttpServletResponse; import org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingAllMethodsServlet; import javax.servlet.ServletException; import java.io.IOException; import java.io.PrintWriter; @SlingServlet( paths={"/services/mycompany/"} ) @Properties({ @Property(name="service.pid", value="mycompany.ShippingDetailsServlet",propertyPrivate=false), @Property(name="service.description",value="Shipping details servlet", propertyPrivate=false), @Property(name="service.vendor",value="mycompany", propertyPrivate=false) }) public class ShippingDetailsServlet extends SlingAllMethodsServlet { @Override protected void doGet(SlingHttpServletRequest request, SlingHttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException { //Do something fun here } @Override protected void doPost(SlingHttpServletRequest request, SlingHttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException { //Do something fun here PrintWriter out = response.getWriter(); out.println("Hello"); } }
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,
if you have annotated your servlet like this:
@SlingServlet(methods = { "POST" }, paths = "/apps/mycompany/servlets/GenericServlet")
the form shoud post to the same same url as in paths, that is "/apps/mycompany/servlets/GenericServlet"

so if you would change you "paths" line in the servlet to "/services/mycompany/ShippingDetailsServlet"
the form would post to that one.

Good Luck
/Johan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,
if you have annotated your servlet like this:
@SlingServlet(methods = { "POST" }, paths = "/apps/mycompany/servlets/GenericServlet")
the form shoud post to the same same url as in paths, that is "/apps/mycompany/servlets/GenericServlet"

so if you would change you "paths" line in the servlet to "/services/mycompany/ShippingDetailsServlet"
the form would post to that one.

Good Luck
/Johan

Level 3

Thanks a lot Johan for the quick reply. It works. yes