Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Custom xtype is not loading

Level 9

Hi All,

I am in the process of learning how to create custom widgets I have taken below one and trying to understand how this is implemented.

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-custom-xtype.html

I am seeing an issue like dialog is not initialized with widgets with default values ,i am seeing below error on on browser console.

Uncaught cannot create Component: xtype 'ejstcustom' not found and no default suppliedwidgets.js:25783 createwidgets.js:88316 buildwidgets.js:109435 CQ.form.MultiField.Item.CQ.Ext.extend.constructButtonConfigwidgets.js:109411 CQ.form.MultiField.Item.CQ.Ext.extend.constructorwidgets.js:25785 createwidgets.js:30411 CQ.Ext.Container.CQ.Ext.extend.createComponentwidgets.js:30399 CQ.Ext.Container.CQ.Ext.extend.lookupComponentwidgets.js:30266 CQ.Ext.Container.CQ.Ext.extend.insertwidgets.js:109322 CQ.form.MultiField.CQ.Ext.extend.addItemwidgets.js:109179 items.push.items.handlerwidgets.js:54767 CQ.Ext.Button.CQ.Ext.extend.onClickwidgets.js:11671 h

Can someone help in fixing this issue.

Thanks In Advance.

Kishore

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

We are going to start packaging up code with these articles. Check and see if you have this line of code:

// register xtype
CQ.Ext.reg('ejstcustom', Ejst.CustomWidget);

Also try restarting author instance of CQ if you do have this line of code. I will package up this code and add it to the article. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

We are going to start packaging up code with these articles. Check and see if you have this line of code:

// register xtype
CQ.Ext.reg('ejstcustom', Ejst.CustomWidget);

Also try restarting author instance of CQ if you do have this line of code. I will package up this code and add it to the article. 

Level 10

Hi Kishore,

It looks like you have not registered your widget with the name 'ejstcustom'. Can you share your custom widget js so that we can look at it if there are any issues.

Regards,

Lokesh

Level 10

Just tested on 5.6 and it works.

[img]xtypecustom.png[/img]

As i mentioned try restarting the author instance of CQ. 

The package will be added to the article shortly.