Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

sub-packages are not installed with same package name

Level 1
Hi community,

I've faced with the issue of not being able to efficiently develop and deploy AEM

Issue
I tried to deploy the updated code to AEM, but the sub-packages are not installed.
If I manually install the sub-packages one by one they are installed correctly, but it is very inefficient.
How do you guys install your developments while developing?

environment
AEM6.5.14
archetypeVersion=39

Procedure

Generate a project with archetypeVersion=39 according to the Usage section below.

execute the command below and install packages
mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackage

confirm that mysite.all-0.0.1.zip was unziped and the following sub-packages were installed.
mysite.ui.apps-0.0.1.zip
mysite.ui.config-0.0.1.zip
mysite.ui.content-0.0.1.zip

execute the command below again.

you can confirm that sub-packages aren't installed even though mysite.all-0.0.1.zip was unziped.
I expect that sub-packages are able to be installed with the same package name.

you might need to add a new logger with debug level for checking activity log
org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.packaging.impl.ActivityLog

Thank you in advance.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @nor_sasaki,

I don't see any issue here on that archetype-39. I just tested it out and I could see all the sub-packages are being installed.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 1.06.25 PM.png

and by the way, you don't need to unzip the file under target at all.

just do "mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackage" at the root folder level (where the main POM file is) or simply use "mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage" to deploy each module and as well as the bundle.

More on each command:

To build all the modules run in the project root directory the following command with Maven 3:

mvn clean install

To build all the modules and deploy the `all` package to a local instance of AEM, run in the project root directory the following command:

Or to deploy it to a publish instance, run

mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackagePublish

Or alternatively

mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackage -Daem.port=4503

Or to deploy only the bundle to the author, run

mvn clean install -PautoInstallBundle

Or to deploy only a single content package, run in the sub-module directory (i.e `ui.apps`)

mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @nor_sasaki,

I don't see any issue here on that archetype-39. I just tested it out and I could see all the sub-packages are being installed.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 1.06.25 PM.png

and by the way, you don't need to unzip the file under target at all.

just do "mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackage" at the root folder level (where the main POM file is) or simply use "mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage" to deploy each module and as well as the bundle.

More on each command:

To build all the modules run in the project root directory the following command with Maven 3:

mvn clean install

To build all the modules and deploy the `all` package to a local instance of AEM, run in the project root directory the following command:

Or to deploy it to a publish instance, run

mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackagePublish

Or alternatively

mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackage -Daem.port=4503

Or to deploy only the bundle to the author, run

mvn clean install -PautoInstallBundle

Or to deploy only a single content package, run in the sub-module directory (i.e `ui.apps`)

mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage