Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Storing User input Value from Dynamic Participant Step And Using it for page activation

Level 3

Hi,

I am developing a workflow for scheduled activation which have a dynamic participant step and it has a custom field for choosing the time for activation. How can I store the user specified time and then activate the page at that time.

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi,

This requires using a Sling scheduler to start the activation job depending on the time entered via the workflow participant step.

Please refer CQ Scheduling Basics - Blog - 6D Global where it talks about the 'fireJobAt' method.

Also, to see how to read the values from dialog participant step, please refer Dialog Participant Step at Workflow Step Reference

Level 3

Can't It be done through workflow process step? I found this step somewhat easier Scheduled activation with workflows – Adobe AEM Club  but not sure how we will read the value of dialog in process step. Can you please give me some code reference?

Level 10

A Dynamic Participant Step dynamically assigns a given workflow task to a user.

To make this clear - please post a pic of your workflow model.

Level 3

In dialog participant Step I am assigning a participant as well as having a dialog of date picker. Participant assigned in this dialog step need to choose a date which will schedule the activation of the date provided by the participant.  Attaching the workflow model. In the second dynamic participant group I am adding a dialog.

wfmodel.PNG