Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Stop AEM from Converting Double Quotes

Level 4

Hello,

I have some HTL markup that requires single-quotes for one of the entries instead of double quotes and no matter what I do AEM converts the entries back to double quotes.  I've tried escaping, using <sly> calls, creating the full string in my logic.js - nothing works.  HTML code below:

<video id="${properties.playerid}" class="video-js"

controls preload="auto"

width="${logic.width}"

height="${logic.height}"

poster="${properties.posterimage}"

data-setup='{ "techOrder": ["youtube"] }'

>

Even if I hard code the data-setup entry like above, AEM replaces the data-setup=' with data-setup=".  I even tried creating the correct version of the string in my logic.js but I'm not aware of a print/echo function in HTL to just spit out ${logic.configdata} without the name/value pair.

How can I fix this?

3 Replies

Level 10

Check the HTL spec for syntax examples -- htl-spec/SPECIFICATION.md at master · Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/htl-spec · GitHub

There is information here about supported quotes.

Level 4

Right, I read that one before I posted.  The slashes don't work in this case, not sure why but the output is a broken name/value pair.

Community Advisor

Hi,

Just want to check, if browser converts single quotes into double, but you can access your data attribute

Screenshot 2018-10-11 at 11.36.56 AM.png

Arun Patidar