Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Static agent and renditions

Level 6

Hi,

Does the static agent support DAM renditions?

I tested it with DAM assets and it creates the images in the target directory I've defined, but it didn't get the renditions also.

Is this feature available in the OOTB static agent?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It will,  define your rules accordingly.    Also when you activate only the asset get pushed & not the rendition that is why you are not seeing it. Alternatevly using curl try to activate the rendition & should get generate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

It will,  define your rules accordingly.    Also when you activate only the asset get pushed & not the rendition that is why you are not seeing it. Alternatevly using curl try to activate the rendition & should get generate.

Level 6

You are right.

I saw an error, because it is trying to create a folder jcr:content, and I'm getting error on Windows. Not sure if its allowed on linux. In this case, to fix this name, would it be necessary some customization, like a custom agent?

BTW, how can we get the renditions activated? When I activate/publish the asset, their renditions are also published?

To see the agent working with the renditions I needed to activate the rendition directly using Activation tree. Another thing I notice, is that if I publish a folder, the agent doesn't do anything, as I could see it tries to request the folder and cannot get its content to serialize.

Thanks

Level 10

Rendition should not be accessed directly because rendition path will have actual image name.  As you know in file system you can't have same filename and folder name at same location. Generally renditions accessed through servlet. 

There are couple of options & you do not necessarily need custom agent.  Most commonly implemented is 

Activate through workflow and in workflow customize such that you add additional rendition request.     The doc [1] is not an exact match to your requirement but can act as reference how to send multiple request & how to modify the request path. 

[1]   https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/HowToFlushAssetsPublish.html

Level 1

I am trying to push DAM assets using static agent. assets are not getting pushed on to file system.Can you please let me know the configuration.