Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Is Master replication agent enough for activation?.

Former Community Member

Hi Experts,

I am just trying to setup a CQ5 with one author and two publishers. Publishers are with "Shared Nothing Cluster" configuration (1 Master/1Slave).

I would like to confirm if i can configure only replication agent for Master publisher or i need to add the replication agent for Slave publisher also?.

My understanding is that if i configure replication agent only for one publish server, The changes will be Synced to other Slave publish server

Thanks,

Ifteqar

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Your assumption is correct. But you should prepare for the case, that the master goes down, and only the former slave is up. Then your replication should work as well. So you might want have a loadbalancer, which forwards your replication to a running instance.

On the other hand: For what reason do you create a publish cluster? Are you aware of the constraints of a TarPM cluster? Without any strong requirements I wouldn't choose a publish cluster.

Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Your assumption is correct. But you should prepare for the case, that the master goes down, and only the former slave is up. Then your replication should work as well. So you might want have a loadbalancer, which forwards your replication to a running instance.

On the other hand: For what reason do you create a publish cluster? Are you aware of the constraints of a TarPM cluster? Without any strong requirements I wouldn't choose a publish cluster.

Jörg

Former Community Member

Hi Jorg,

When you say Load balancer, Can i use HAProxy Load balancer to take care of this?.

Also can you tell me what are the Constraints of a TarPM cluster?. Performance?.

Thanks,

Ifteqar