Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

SQL2 Query for case-insensitive

Level 2

Hi,

I want to write a query in SQL2 to search through content fragments under /content/dam/testProject/content-fragments/en_us which is created using a specific template. In this query I also need to make sure that a property, myProperty contains a string "test". I have to make sure that the search is case-insensitive. I wrote the following query: 
SELECT * FROM [dam:Asset] AS asset WHERE ISDESCENDANTNODE(asset, '/content/dam/testProject/content-fragments/en_us') AND asset.[jcr:content/data/master/isFeatured] = true AND LOWER(asset.[jcr:content/data/master/myProperty]) = 'test' ORDER BY [jcr:score] DESC

This is not working as expected. I also tried the following:
SELECT * FROM [dam:Asset] AS asset WHERE ISDESCENDANTNODE(asset, '/content/dam/testProject/content-fragments/en_us') AND asset.[jcr:content/data/master/isFeatured] = true AND CONTAINS(asset.[jcr:content/data/master/myProperty], 'test') ORDER BY [jcr:score] DESC

This does not work either. 

Please note, that I am not getting any syntactical error. Just that I dont get the results as expected.

Could you please help me in writing a more targeted query for the requirement?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@99spanchal  You can use a combination of LOWER and UPPER function indexes to achieve this. 

SELECT * FROM [dam:Asset] AS asset WHERE ISDESCENDANTNODE(asset, '/content/dam/testProject/content-fragments/en_us'AND asset.[jcr:content/data/master/isFeatured] = true AND (LOWER(asset.[jcr:content/data/master/myProperty]) = "test" OR UPPER(asset.[jcr:content/data/master/myProperty]) = "TEST" ) ORDER BY [jcr:score] DESC.

I know this is far from ideal but with this you should be able to search nodes with property values like 'test', 'Test', 'TEst', 'TesT' , 'TEST'.

You always have an option to enable case-insensitive feature on lucene indexes. Refer to OAK documentation for more details.

Let me know if this works for you.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

You need to incorporate the LIKE property here

SELECT * FROM [dam:Asset] AS asset
WHERE ISDESCENDANTNODE(asset, '/content/dam/testProject/content-fragments/en_us') 
  AND asset.[jcr:content/data/master/isFeatured] = true
  AND LOWER(asset.[jcr:content/data/master/myProperty]) LIKE '%test%' 
ORDER BY [jcr:score] DESC

Level 2

Hi @Mahedi_Sabuj,

Thanks for your reply! 

I have tried that too. That  didnt work either.

Community Advisor

Can you please share jcr:content/data/master properties here?

Please verify that the below query returns the content fragment you are looking for. 

SELECT * FROM [dam:Asset] AS asset
WHERE ISDESCENDANTNODE(asset, '/content/dam/testProject/content-fragments/en_us') 

After obtaining the desired results, you can further evaluate by adding additional WHERE clauses. 

There might be other issues. I checked on crx/de and it was working fine.

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 9.42.59 PM.png

Level 2

this works, but when we are searching for %Test% it doesnt. I wanted a query that is case-insensitive. I read somewhere that CONTAINS() works better in such a case but it didnt work for me.

Community Advisor

Hi @99spanchalI'm not sure whether it's a typo, but you should search for "%test%" with a lowercase "t".

Community Advisor

@99spanchal 

Please refer to the blog https://www.albinsblog.com/2020/05/how-to-enable-case-insensitive-search-in-aem-lucene.html 

We need to enable the insensitive search in AEM with Lucene, for query to work.

Please verify the indexes as described in the blog

Aanchal Sikka

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@99spanchal  You can use a combination of LOWER and UPPER function indexes to achieve this. 

SELECT * FROM [dam:Asset] AS asset WHERE ISDESCENDANTNODE(asset, '/content/dam/testProject/content-fragments/en_us'AND asset.[jcr:content/data/master/isFeatured] = true AND (LOWER(asset.[jcr:content/data/master/myProperty]) = "test" OR UPPER(asset.[jcr:content/data/master/myProperty]) = "TEST" ) ORDER BY [jcr:score] DESC.

I know this is far from ideal but with this you should be able to search nodes with property values like 'test', 'Test', 'TEst', 'TesT' , 'TEST'.

You always have an option to enable case-insensitive feature on lucene indexes. Refer to OAK documentation for more details.

Let me know if this works for you.