Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Special characters don't render cleanly in AEM while they do in Photoshop comps.

Level 2

As an editor, I would like to be able to paste special characters in text fields within content creators and have those characters replaced with supported versions. In order to get special characters to render cleanly, they need to be copied from Character Map (pc) or Character Palette (mac) and pasted into AEM. This is not a feasible option for editors as it increases their workflow. I need a logic so that special characters are recognized when content is saved and replaced with a supported version. Can somebody please help ASAP?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi again,

Looks like you filed a customer ticket. Please feel free to check the ticket directly. 

Regards,

Alva

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi, Shivvikram.

We are happy to help, but do have a few questions to help better understand what's going on and what you're expecting.

Can you give an example of some of the special characters your content authors are trying to paste in?
Are they pasting these into an out-of-the-box Text component, or something else?

Are your content creators usually pasting in only special characters, or pasting other characters (e.g. numbers and letters) along with the special characters?

Can you describe (or show, e.g. via a screenshot) what happens after your content authors paste in these characters directly from Photoshop?

- Carey

Level 2

Hey Guys, any information/help on this?

Employee

Hi Shivvikram Singh,

Just to let you know I'm investigating the issue and will post back when I have an answer.

Cheers,

Alva

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi again,

Looks like you filed a customer ticket. Please feel free to check the ticket directly. 

Regards,

Alva

Level 2

1. We are trying several characters mentioned in the Character Map, such as Ã‚ÃŒ$Ä, " " etc.

2. These are being pasted into out of the box text fields and RTE.

3. Other characters and letters are also being pasted along with the special characters.

4. If the authors are copying and pasting the special characters from the Character Map it is working fine, while if we are directly typing those they are not getting rendered properly. 

Do let me know if you require more information.