Highlighted

Solution - Internationalization translation is not picking up updates from AEM dictionary

Ravi_Pampana

MVP

10-10-2019

In AEM 6.2/6.3/6.4 we started seeing the i18n translations changes are not reflected until we restart "org.apache.sling.i18n" bundle.

By adding below config file the translation changes will reflect without restarting the i18n bundle

File name: org.apache.sling.i18n.impl.JcrResourceBundleProvider.xml

File Content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<jcr:root xmlns:sling="http://sling.apache.org/jcr/sling/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"

jcr:primaryType="sling:OsgiConfig"

resource.paths="[/etc/pdc/i18n,/apps,/libs,/content]"/>

Replies

Highlighted

jbrar

Employee

11-10-2019

I would recommend setting up a DEBUG logger on "org.apache.sling.i18n" and check whats getting logged when you add a new entry to the dictionary.

Also, check if all indexes are valid from jmx console.

Highlighted
Highlighted

Vish_dhaliwal

Employee

11-10-2019

If you have the 2.5.10 bundle already and still facing issue, put a trace level logging on org.apache.sling.i18n.impl.JcrResourceBundleProvider as Jaideep mentioned.

Also, set debug log on org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.observation and org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.OakResourceListener to validate that observation in general works fine and picks up the dictionary changes.

Highlighted

Ravi_Pampana

MVP

11-10-2019

Thanks all for the suggestion. This is not a question and I mentioned solution which I did to fix the issue in AEM