Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Smart Tagging in AEM 6.4

Level 8

I have enabled smart tagging on folder and when I add any asset to this folder, smart tags are not getting applied to this asset. However smart tagging works well when I update the DAM update asset workflow or run the DAM smart tags workflow. but this is optional and for bulk update of tags on assets. Is there any scheduled job that run once a day that check for the folders with smart tagging enabled and apply tags to these ? I cant find the configuration for this job. and if it does, its for existing assets in folder and not for the one that is uploaded just now. What is the use of enable smart tagging option on folders if tags are not getting applied as soon as they are uploaded and if we have to add the smart tagging step to update asset workflow.

1 Reply

Level 8

So i found that its mandatory to check the enable smart tags checkbox on the folder in case we want to add tags automatically to assets as soon as they are uploaded.

I read it somewhere that updating the DAM asset workflow is optional but its not.

For smart tagging to work automatically, one must enable the checkbox option on folder properties and update the DAM update asset workflow as well.

If smart tags step is added but the enable smart tags checkbox is unchecked then it does not add smart tags.