Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Slow performance when using the WebDAV mounted drive

Level 2

Hello experts,

Can anyone offer some assistance regarding the mounted drive used for AEM 6.1?  My issue is slow performance using the WebDAV mounted drive in conjunction with the AEM assets.  The companion app hasn't worked properly so we have tried to use WebDAV related apps (NetDrive for PC users and Transmit for Apple computers).  Seems that the Transmit works ok but the NetDrive hasn't improved the speed performance of viewing content stored in the DAM.  I have tried other apps such as CyberDuck and BitKinex but nothing has improved the performance issue.  My team needs to use the mounted drive in order to link assets to Adobe InDesign and upload the files into the DAM to share with clients and staff.  We have a good server and use AWS Amazon as our internet accelerator but nothing has helped with getting the mounted drive to download thumbnails in a faster manner.  Has anyone else experienced this type of problem and/or can anyone suggest what I can do to fix this issue.  For the most part the author and publish sites work fine but its just this mounted drive is giving me the most problem.  Especially trying to view TIFF files seem to be the slowest files to load on screen.  Let me know if you need more info and I'll be glad for any kind of help.

Best,

Chris

1 Reply

Level 10

It depends on lots of things like the processes running, infrastructure setup, architecture etc.. please involve one of the Adobe Consultant to look at the issue