Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sling Engine (Apache Sling Engine Implementation) bundle restart

Level 2

Hello,

Could you please let me know if restarting the Sling Engine (Apache Sling Engine Implementation) bundle alone will lead to any unexpected behavior?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Exactly. All the Activate methods will be reinitiated and their reference objects will be mismatched. That's why there is a chance to show some unexpected behavior.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

until all dependencies are resolved, there should not be any issue. if you face any please try to see after restarting the instance.

Hope this helps

Umesh Thakur

Community Advisor

hello @aem_raw ,
It's not recommended to restart the single bundle because it might cause some unexpected behavior like Dependency Impact or other. If so you need to restart the entire application server.
But the chance of this occurrence is rare and you may take this chance. After all by following the recommended way you definitely need to restart the server.

Community Advisor

If all required depencies are resolved then there wouldn't be any issue to restart single bundle. If depdencies are not resolved then it might impact. 

Level 2

Thank you all for your replies! The whole point of restarting the bundle alone is to avoid the AEM restart. Say, if I have Bundle A which creates a value using a service from Bundle B in the Activate method and save value in static variable. If I restart Bundle B, does values associated with the static variable in Bundle A will get affected because Bundle A depends on Bundle B?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Exactly. All the Activate methods will be reinitiated and their reference objects will be mismatched. That's why there is a chance to show some unexpected behavior.