Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Sling Dynamic Include (SDI) in AEM 6.2

Community Advisor

Hi,

I am trying to use the SDI in AEM 6.2 (no service packs). I've installed the Sling Dynamic Include bundle (3.0.0) on my publish instance and configure all the required parameters. However, its generating the <!-- SDI include (path: /content/geometrixx/en/services/_jcr_content/par/title.nocache.html, resourceType: geometrixx/components/title) --> but its not generating the the <!--#include virtual=""--> markup as shown in the in this demo.

Any fix for this?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Rohit,

I was able to make it work. It was a apache config change. There was a small syntax change between Apache 2.2 and 2.4 causing this issue. This is fixed now.

Thanks for your willingness to help.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

Please add AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html in your virtual host entry in httpd.conf file.

or you can modify your virtual host file as below and include the same in httpd.conf file.

<VirtualHost *:8080>

<Directory />

<IfModule disp_apache2.c>

ModMimeUsePathInfo On

# enable dispatcher for ALL request. if this is too restrictive,

# move it to another location

SetHandler dispatcher-handler

</IfModule>

Options FollowSymLinks Includes

AllowOverride None

AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html

</Directory>

DocumentRoot "C:\\AEM\\htdocs"

ServerName aem-publish.local

ErrorLog "logs/vhost-error.log"

CustomLog "logs/vhost-access.log" common

</VirtualHost>

where ServerName aem-publish.local is host name I have setup for my local in hosts file.

Regards

Rohit

Community Advisor

Hi,

I have already added all these as mentioned in the article.

Thanks.

Level 2

Hi,

Can you please attach zip of your apache and sdi config, I will have a look and resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Community Advisor

Hi,

It suppose to get this on publish instance. But this is not working on publish. If it works on publish then it will work o  dispatcher as well.

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Rohit,

I was able to make it work. It was a apache config change. There was a small syntax change between Apache 2.2 and 2.4 causing this issue. This is fixed now.

Thanks for your willingness to help.

Thanks.

Level 2

Hi Rohit,

Can you please post the details what was causing issue b/w version 2.2 and 2.4 and attached config zip. It can helps others

Level 2

Hi noksc

I am also facing the same issue on 2.4, Can you please post the resolution here?

Community Advisor

Hi,

I had to add a path to the directory shown below:

<Directory /var/www/html/geometrix-outdoors>

<IfModule disp_apache2.c>

ModMimeUsePathInfo On

SetHandler dispatcher-handler

</IfModule>

Options FollowSymLinks

AllowOverride None

</Directory>

Double check the Apache configuration. See my article here: http://aempodcast.com/2017/infrastucture/multi-domain-dispatcher-configuration/#.WiOCokqnHIU

Let me know if you still face issues. I can help.