Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Sling dynamic include (SDI) drawback

Level 6

Hi,

I have two components in my page and remaining  all are static content now i need to cache that page i thought of using Sling dynamic include  but some people are suggesting like there is some drawback of Sling Dynamic include (SDI) but i am not getting what is main drawback of using SDI.

If any one know what would be main drawback of using SDI.

Please share.

Regards

Manikantha R

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sometimes it does not work as it suppose to. Instead of caching/excluding configured components, it just returns the entire page.

Lets say you configured a component with specific TTL then the expected behavior should be: SDI should intercept the request and send the configured component headers to dispatcher so dispatcher caches this configured component separately from the page. But this does not work intermittently. 

I would recommend to develop your own custom solution rather than using SDI.

Thanks,

Singaiah

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sometimes it does not work as it suppose to. Instead of caching/excluding configured components, it just returns the entire page.

Lets say you configured a component with specific TTL then the expected behavior should be: SDI should intercept the request and send the configured component headers to dispatcher so dispatcher caches this configured component separately from the page. But this does not work intermittently. 

I would recommend to develop your own custom solution rather than using SDI.

Thanks,

Singaiah

Community Advisor

Hi @manikanthar1295 ,

I faced some issue with the SDI those are:

1. Problem with the CDN cache and Edge Side include: It will not work as expected in some scenario, so make it work you will have to do some extra config or set TTL for a fragment of the page, that was included as part of SDI.

2. SDI used add some CSS ultimately that will have some impact on the existing site's css and look and feel of the page.

3. I only used it with apache asi that worked as expected in all scenarios.

Hope this will help.

Umesh Thakur