Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Sling Content Distribution with multiple publisher environments

Level 8

Hello Everyone,

Wanted to check, whether anyone used SCD(Sling Content Distribution) feature in multiple publisher environments? What are pros and cons of using the SCD?

In my case, from one of the publish environment, I need to pass the access token to remaining publish environments. Obviously, I need to go for reverse replication. So, wanted to know prod n cons of using SCD in such situation.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

@Mahesh_Gunaje 

Instead of storing the access token in AEM, you can prefer using any of the DB services and store tokens

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@Mahesh_Gunaje - How is the access token generated? The publishers are backed with dispatchers so it is a good idea to have a sticky session enabled [1] rather than passing the token to other publisher instances. You will have to maintain the token distribution and deletion/invalidation as well across all the instances during the lifetime of the token.

[1]: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/configuring/dispatcher-c...

Hope this helps!

Level 8

Hi @Jineet_Vora 

Ignore about access token. My query is: pros and cons of SCD feature in multiple publisher environment (consider Adobe Managed Service hosted AEM).

Somewhere, I heard about time lag in updating the entry from one publish to other publish (via Reverse replication).

Even if you are curious about access token scenario, let me explain: we have 3 publisher env. 3 dispatcher. Each dispatcher is connected to a single publish env.  Load balancing is done via Application Load Balancer feature of AWS. Now, in my AEM application, I am integrating Adobe Analytics report. I mean, hitting the Analytics 2.0 report API by getting the access token. (This is application specific, not user specific). So, if any user visits the AEM page, which has my report component, then my logic is generating the access token. Will save this in somewhere crx/de node. Then, using SCD concept, I need to save this token in other publisher environments.

Correct answer by
Level 6

@Mahesh_Gunaje 

Instead of storing the access token in AEM, you can prefer using any of the DB services and store tokens