Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Site-specific CQ MSM Content Update Configuration

Level 1

Hi All,

There is a requirement in our project to get additional properties (like tags) get updated during the rollout of the master pages. This can be done through the CQ MSM Content Update Action OSGi configuration.

kseniya_n_1-1679687652143.png

The issue is that we need to customize the CQ MSM Content Update Action Configuration for the specific path only since we have several projects. 

If I create com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.actions.ContentUpdateActionFactory.config under my project apps/config, I see the CQ MSM Content Update Action in OSGi Configuration console which just gets overwritten with my values. However, if another project creates the same config, the CQ MSM Content Update Action Configuration will be overwritten be their values.

If I create com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.actions.ContentUpdateActionFactory-{project_name}.config under my project apps/config, I see two configurations with the same name CQ MSM Content Update in OSGi Configuration console (default and site-specific) but it looks like the default configuration works only. 

kseniya_n_2-1679687941698.png

Does anybody have experience in implementing the path-specific CQ MSM Content Update configuration? What can I do to get the config working for the specific path only?

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@kseniya_n In AEM, we generally have two kind of OSGI configs, singleton or factory configurations. This is a singleton config, meaning you can only have one config in entire repository. If it couldn't have been a factory configuration you can have multiple entries.

If you are having two different projects working on same aem instance, it advised to have a common/platform repo on top of both project repos, in which we need to check in these singleton, platform level customizations which effects AEM instance.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@kseniya_n In AEM, we generally have two kind of OSGI configs, singleton or factory configurations. This is a singleton config, meaning you can only have one config in entire repository. If it couldn't have been a factory configuration you can have multiple entries.

If you are having two different projects working on same aem instance, it advised to have a common/platform repo on top of both project repos, in which we need to check in these singleton, platform level customizations which effects AEM instance.