Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Aem 6.4 - Uninstall project

Level 4

Good morning,

we would like to uninstall a project from Aem 6.4. The project has been updated several times over the years.
We would like to remove not only the contents (pages/images and files) but also the remaining components of the project such as bundles etc.

How can we remove it from the Cms ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The easiest way is probably to build a content package definition which deletes all areas where code/content of that project has been deployed to.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The easiest way is probably to build a content package definition which deletes all areas where code/content of that project has been deployed to.

Community Advisor

@robertol6836527 hey , thanks for reaching out to communities. Few ways, if it is one of your recent deployment projects, you can go to crx packagemgr and uninstall the package.

If not, as if it is old one.. first step is identifying the impact areas/paths like from apps, conf, content, content/dam, experience fragments etc.. and then if you have access to crx, go and delete from crx, if don't have access, then create a package with those filters configured and then click on install.

Level 4

Good morning,

The project has been updated many times and there are many ui.app packages on the Cms.

When I uninstall one, the Cms immediately installs the previous version.

How can I solve this problem ?

Thanks