Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

signup - signin - forget password - disable account

Level 1

Hi, 

I am wondering if there is standard way of creating a signup flow in AEM. I need to create a signup form, sending out an email with activation link, forget/reset password functionality, disable account functionality, ...

This can all be developed of course, but it will be time consuming to figure out myself. Is there a demo project somewhere available providing this functionality? I cannot find this in the demo sites Adobe provides with AEM.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

I am not aware of OOTB module in AEM as of now. But this can be achieved as:

Link:- http://www.baeldung.com/registration-verify-user-by-email

You can implement your OSGI service/Component for doing the same.

Only major thing to do here is to create an activation key that would be associated with particular User/Email/Registration, store this key in DB/JCR and send that key to the user in form of URL. So once User clicks that URL(this URL would be verification along with activation key, eg. “Abc.com/verify?email=xyz@email.com&hash=lksdjljljljsj"), the key would be send as GET parameters back to the server, and this would get verified at server end by comparing it with Activation key stored in DB/MEM cache like Redis.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey,

OOTB Geometrix provides some functionality like /editor.html/content/geometrixx-outdoors/en/user/register.html

For activation link and disable, it will need a bit of custom code.

Have a look at Communities add-on to AEM, they might have implemented functionality there.

Regards,

Peter

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

I am not aware of OOTB module in AEM as of now. But this can be achieved as:

Link:- http://www.baeldung.com/registration-verify-user-by-email

You can implement your OSGI service/Component for doing the same.

Only major thing to do here is to create an activation key that would be associated with particular User/Email/Registration, store this key in DB/JCR and send that key to the user in form of URL. So once User clicks that URL(this URL would be verification along with activation key, eg. “Abc.com/verify?email=xyz@email.com&hash=lksdjljljljsj"), the key would be send as GET parameters back to the server, and this would get verified at server end by comparing it with Activation key stored in DB/MEM cache like Redis.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni