Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Show/Hide radio group in design dialog in aem 6.4 (using editable templates)

Level 2

Hi,

I am looking for a bright solution which would fix my issue soon. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Q) I need to show the radio group based on the selection of one checkbox.

Here in my case i am hiding the image tab in dialog and using the show checkbox from design dialog can make my image tab visible at dialog level.

I am also having image type to be selected in design dialog based on radio group.

designDialogissue.png

In the above image when i check the show image checkbox the fields related to image should be shown (like imagetype).

if the checkbox is unchecked the imageType should be hidden.

Note: need to hide the imagetype by default and it should only be shown when the show image checkbox is selected.

Many thanks in advance,

Srikar.

Moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Digital Classroom: Adobe Experience Manager : AEM Enablement Forum by moderator.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

For displaying fields based on a checkbox status, please refer to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcNa0uqxytg&ab_channel=AEMandDevopsTutorial

For displaying dialog fields based on the config in design dialog, please refer to WCM core Image component. I has a field decorative, which is dependent on value in policy (cqDesign.isDecorative)

"decorative": {
"jcr:primaryType": "nt:unstructured",
"uncheckedValue": "false",
"name": "./isDecorative",
"text": "Don’t provide an alternative text",
"value": true,
"checked": "${not empty cqDesign.isDecorative ? cqDesign.isDecorative : false}",
"sling:resourceType": "granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/checkbox",
"fieldDescription": "If the image is mostly decorative and doesn't convey additional meaning to a visitor, then it might be acceptable to not provide an alternative text, which will make the image ignored by assistive technology like screen readers."
},

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

For displaying fields based on a checkbox status, please refer to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcNa0uqxytg&ab_channel=AEMandDevopsTutorial

For displaying dialog fields based on the config in design dialog, please refer to WCM core Image component. I has a field decorative, which is dependent on value in policy (cqDesign.isDecorative)

"decorative": {
"jcr:primaryType": "nt:unstructured",
"uncheckedValue": "false",
"name": "./isDecorative",
"text": "Don’t provide an alternative text",
"value": true,
"checked": "${not empty cqDesign.isDecorative ? cqDesign.isDecorative : false}",
"sling:resourceType": "granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/checkbox",
"fieldDescription": "If the image is mostly decorative and doesn't convey additional meaning to a visitor, then it might be acceptable to not provide an alternative text, which will make the image ignored by assistive technology like screen readers."
},

Aanchal Sikka