Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Show hide field based on checkbox

Level 2

Hi, as the title suggests I'm trying to make one of my fields/container hide when checkbox is true/checked & using ACS commons for this purpose.

ssin93_0-1693387121144.png

Even after following each step the show-hide checkbox functionality isn't working for me. I'm attaching the screen shots of my fields here. Please tell me what am I missing or if changes are required.

I want to hide checkbox-container which contains one text field based on classbox (its my check box).
Component tree:

ssin93_3-1693387893338.png

check-box properties:

ssin93_4-1693388024307.png

----------

ssin93_6-1693388080624.png

container properties:

ssin93_0-1693388213434.png

----

ssin93_1-1693388238735.png

Its most likely there's mistake from my side but I couldn't figure it.
I request for you guidance.

Thanks,
ssin93

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ssin93 

Can you try  updating the checkbox container granite class property to mycheckbox-showhide-target(remove the ".").

See if it helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ssin93,

The checkbox show/hide functionality does not support boolean values. You might consider to use string values for the checkbox's checked (and unchecked) status. Also, remember to set the value "cq-dialog-checkbox-showhide" for the "granite:class" attribute. 

<customClass jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
  granite:class="cq-dialog-checkbox-showhide" <!-- Add -->
  sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/checkbox"
  name="./customClass"
  text="Add Custom Class?"
  value="enable"/> <!-- Update -->

Level 2

Hi @Mahedi_Sabuj,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I tried the changes which you suggested but no success.
As @sherinregi suggested, it was single (.) causing the issue. After removing it, field was working as expected. But next problem is in multifield. 
When I add these fields in multifield, the single checkbox is affecting all the fields to show/hide. Tried this but didn't worked.
Thanks again

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ssin93 

Can you try  updating the checkbox container granite class property to mycheckbox-showhide-target(remove the ".").

See if it helps

Level 2

Hi @sherinregi ,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I tried the changes suggested by you & it worked.
But next problem is in multifield. 
When I add these fields in multifield, the single checkbox is affecting all the fields to show/hide. Tried this but didn't worked.
Thanks again