Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Set page to Readonly mode when it is initiated with any work flow

Level 3

Hi ,

I am working on requirement to set the page in read only mode so that none can edit the page when any workflow is initiated for the page.

Could you please let me know how this can be achieved ?

Thanks,
Hari

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

currently annotations dependent on page permissions & you can't have other authors to update annotation of the locked page. There is enhancement request placed to make annotation independent of page.  You can file daycare requesting fp for enhancement request. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 8

In 5.6.1 there are out of the box workflow process steps for locking and unlocking the payload of a workflow. They aren't listed in the documentation, and I have never used them so I can't speak to any pitfalls in their use, but it is probably good first step before coding anything. You can put the lock on at the start of the workflow and the unlock on right before the publications step. 

Level 10

There are various way, easiest way come to my mind is page component adopting to workflow status you will get the workflow & then set the wcmmode.

Level 10

The documentation does not describe a readonly mode. However -- it does support locking a page:

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/wcm/page_publish.html

You can programmatically lock a page:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/UnlockALockedPage.html

Create a custom workflow step to lock a page. 

Level 3

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible to lock the page by enabling annotations at component level so that user/author can update only annotations when page is locked ?

With OOTB Lock option available , it is making the page to read only mode. We have requirement to change lock the page with enabled annotations.

Please assist.

Thanks,

Hari

Level 3

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible to lock the page by enabling annotations at component level so that user/author can update only annotations when page is locked ?

With OOTB Lock option available , it is making the page to read only mode. We have requirement to change lock the page with enabled annotations.

Please assist.

Thanks,

Hari

Level 3

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

Please assist.

Thanks,

Hari

Correct answer by
Level 10

currently annotations dependent on page permissions & you can't have other authors to update annotation of the locked page. There is enhancement request placed to make annotation independent of page.  You can file daycare requesting fp for enhancement request. 

Level 1

Hi Sham HC

I too had a similar situation to store annotation while page is locked by workflow. Is there any config or existing solution present to store annotations at a different place other than page/jcr:content?