Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Getting error 500 after installing the dispatcher module under IIS 7.5

Level 2

Hi

I installed the dispatcher module on IIS 7.5 running on Windows Server 2008 R2, I followed carefully the instructions in this page:

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/dispatcher/disp_install.html

I'm using file "dispatcher-iis-windows-x64-4.1.4.zip", downloaded from https://dev.day.com/packageshare/packages/public/day/dispatcher.html

But I'm getting the following error 500 on IIS:

Calling GetProcAddress on ISAPI filter "C:\inetpub\Scripts\disp_iis.dll" failed

Any tip to solve this issue out? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Juan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The error "GetProcAddress on ISAPI filter "C:\inetpub\Scripts\disp_iis.dll" failed" is given due to an invalid ISAPI filter. Since the dispatcher version 4.1.0 onwards the dispatcher module is no more an ISAPI filter, it is an ISAPI extension and should be used accordingly.

You can follow the steps given below to configure Dispatcher :

•     Open IIS Manager and navigate to the site you want to manage.
  •     In Features View, on the site Home page, double-click Handler Mappings.
  •     On the Handler Mappings page, in the Actions pane, click Add Wildcard Script Map.
  •     In the Executable box, type the full path or browse to the disp_iis.dll that processes the request.
  •     In the Name box, type a friendly name for the handler mapping, e.g. CQ.
  •     Click OK.
  •     After you add a wildcard script map, you must add the executable to the ISAPI and CGI restrictions list to enable it to run.

You can also refer to the release notes of the dispatcher.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

The error "GetProcAddress on ISAPI filter "C:\inetpub\Scripts\disp_iis.dll" failed" is given due to an invalid ISAPI filter. Since the dispatcher version 4.1.0 onwards the dispatcher module is no more an ISAPI filter, it is an ISAPI extension and should be used accordingly.

You can follow the steps given below to configure Dispatcher :

•     Open IIS Manager and navigate to the site you want to manage.
  •     In Features View, on the site Home page, double-click Handler Mappings.
  •     On the Handler Mappings page, in the Actions pane, click Add Wildcard Script Map.
  •     In the Executable box, type the full path or browse to the disp_iis.dll that processes the request.
  •     In the Name box, type a friendly name for the handler mapping, e.g. CQ.
  •     Click OK.
  •     After you add a wildcard script map, you must add the executable to the ISAPI and CGI restrictions list to enable it to run.

You can also refer to the release notes of the dispatcher.

Level 2

Thanks, for the help it solved the issue :)