Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Set current page title to dialog text field on initial load

Level 4

I have a text field in my dialog box . I am trying to prepopulate it with currentpage title . When it is initially loaded . How can i achieve that ? I can create a js with dialog ready - But i am not sure on how we can access the text field in the js and set it with current page title . 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMnewbie 

Please create a component specific clientlib which will be loaded only during component authoring and load the below JS file.

(function ($, $document) {
"use strict";

$document.on("dialog-ready", function () {
var title = $(document).attr('title');
var titleFromDialog = $(".my-custom-component").find('input[type=text]').val();
if (titleFromDialog == null || titleFromDialog == "") {
$(".my-custom-component").find('input[type=text]').val(title);
}
});

})($, $(document));

on component cq:dialog node add the property called extraClientlibs and provide the category name of your clientlibs which holds the above code.

Provid a custom class to your dialog field where you want to populate the title i.e. my-custom-component here.

Now when the dialog value is empty, it will show the page title, and if the value is authored in dialog it will show the dialog authored value.

Let me know if there are any questions. Hope this helps!

Please see my response in the below article:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/how-set-property-value-of-...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMnewbie 

Please create a component specific clientlib which will be loaded only during component authoring and load the below JS file.

(function ($, $document) {
"use strict";

$document.on("dialog-ready", function () {
var title = $(document).attr('title');
var titleFromDialog = $(".my-custom-component").find('input[type=text]').val();
$(".my-custom-component").find('input[type=text]').val(title);
}
});

})($, $(document));

on component cq:dialog node add the property called extraClientlibs and provide the category name of your clientlibs which holds the above code.

Provid a custom class to your dialog field where you want to populate the title i.e. my-custom-component here.

Now when the dialog value is empty, it will show the page title, and if the value is authored in dialog it will show the dialog authored value.

Let me know if there are any questions. Hope this helps!

Please see my response in the below article:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/how-set-property-value-of-...

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hi @AEMnewbie 

That's the reason I mentioned it needs to be applied only at the file level so it will not have any impact on other fields. It works with the screenshot that I sent in the above URL.

Can you check the below link and see my comment where I added the screenshot for each field.

Thanks!

Level 4

It wasnt working at field level . I made some minor change to it .

var titleFromDialog = $(".my-custom-component").val();
console.log(titleFromDialog)
$(".my-custom-component").val(title);
}

This worked for me.