Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Set a file server as docroot in Dispatcher

Level 2
I have to set a file server as docroot in dispatcher.any, where the cached files will be stored. While doing this, I get an error in the dispatcher log file "Unable to create parent directory [\\myFileServerPath]: Invalid argument". The pages cannot be cached. If I change the /docroot value to a local path (for example c:\inetpub\wwwroot), the dispatcher works fine. So I am pretty sure the error is caused by the /docroot setting in dispatcher.any. Is there any solution for setting a file server as /docroot in dispatcher? 1. Setup dispatcher (version 4.1.4) in IIS 7.5; 2. Create a file server, say \\myFileServer, grant everyone full control permission to it; 3. In dispatcher.any, set /docroot value to \\myFileServer; 4. Browse any page using the dispatcher; 5. The page cannot be cached. Look into the dispatcher log, there is error "Unable to create parent directory [\\myFileServerPath]: Invalid argument".
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I think you should open a daycare ticket with this use case. I doubt this use case is supported in current dispatcher version.

Yogesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

Have you checked these ones out ? 

And have you double checked the write permissions on the share that you are trying to write on ?
/Johan

Level 2

Thanks for your reply. The links you provided are about Apache HTTP Server running in Windows. But I am using IIS 7.5 in my environment instead. So do you have any idea?

Level 7

burnray wrote...

Thanks for your reply. The links you provided are about Apache HTTP Server running in Windows. But I am using IIS 7.5 in my environment instead. So do you have any idea?

Yes that was more about the general idea of how to do mappings correctly under windows etc...
What I was thinking about was the mappings and how they have been done. There are articles explaining different procedures like creating aliases for the mapped share and also the pros and cons of using drive mappings for the network share with IIS as well (like http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257174). My advice would be to try and see if there is any other way you could introduce the location of the share to the IIS and dispatcher.

And as I've pointed out before, check and re-check the write- permissions for the user running the dispatcher on the share :)

If this doesn't work,  maybe it would be wise to send them a ticket at adobe as Yogesh suggested.

Hope things will work out
/Johan

Correct answer by
Level 5

I think you should open a daycare ticket with this use case. I doubt this use case is supported in current dispatcher version.

Yogesh