Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Service missing in Adobe AEM? (WebService)

Level 4

Hello,

I'm migrating from Adobe LiveCycle to Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 and I am facing an issue that I can't find any informtion into....

After importing in the new version I've noticed that there is a service that is missing, does anyone know why don't I have this component?

Is it something to due with my instalation or is it deprecated and I need to implement this in a different way?

Foundation>WebService

Adobe LiveCycle ES4

AdobeES4.png

Adobe Experience Manager 6.3

Adobe_AEM63.png

Any help or information is appreciated.

Thank you on advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Look at how we use Apache CFX here for an Adobe Experience Manager OSGi service. You can do the same for Workbench and use that in a Workbench step:

Scott's Digital Community: Creating an AEM HTML Template Language Component that displays data from ...

So you can get the Java proxy files and then write a custom Workbench Service that uses the Java Proxy files that consume the Web Service.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 10

Adobe Experience Manager/AEM Forums does not support exposing a web service. It can consume a web sevice - but does not expose one!

Level 4

thank you for your answer, but this missing component is to consume a webservice, not to expose. (call an external webservice)

Level 10

If you want to consume a web service in AEM - you ahve to write a custom OSGi service that can interact with a 3rd party SOAP or Restful service - see this blog for more info and references to How To articles --

Scott's Digital Community: Understanding the difference between Soap and Restful Web Services

Level 10

Is that Screen shot of Adobe Experience Manager or AEM Forms for J2EE?

Level 4

Thank you for your answer again,

The previous print screens are from the Adobe Experience Manager Forms Workbench (print screen 3 and 4), but the service I'm talking about can be found the the administrator console as well. (print screen 1 and 2)

Adobe LiveCycle ES3 and Adobe LiveCycle ES4 had a out of the box service that allowed to call webservices (WebService : 1.0), but it's not present on Adobe AEM 6.3.

Do you know if this was deprecated? Is the way you mentioned above the new way to do this?

I ask this because I'm migrating some processes from Adobe Livecycle ES4 and that way will require to change a lot of processes.

1 Adobe Livecycle ES3 / Adobe Livecycle  ES4 Administration Console

Adobe_Livecycle_ES3.png

2 Adobe AEM 6.3 Administration Console

Adobe_AEM.png

3 Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES3 / ES4

workbench.png

4 AEM 6.3 workbench

Adobe_AEM_workbench.png

Level 10

If you want to get Web Service - you can write a custom DSC for Workbench that can invoke a 3rd party WSDL and use that in your process.

However - this is not Adobe Experience Manager. Its AEM Forms Document Services.

Adobe Experience Manager does not have Workbench.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Look at how we use Apache CFX here for an Adobe Experience Manager OSGi service. You can do the same for Workbench and use that in a Workbench step:

Scott's Digital Community: Creating an AEM HTML Template Language Component that displays data from ...

So you can get the Java proxy files and then write a custom Workbench Service that uses the Java Proxy files that consume the Web Service.

Level 4

can someone please confirm that the solution we used to have in ES3 and ES4 to call webservices is indeed descontinued in AEM 6.3?

or could it be something wrong with my instalation?

Level 1

We have AEM 6.3 installed on two machines and both show the webservice.

webservice.png

Level 4

I ended up fixing it by not chossing the OSGi option during instalation.