Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Service is in satisfied state when using com.day.cq.replication.Replicator in AEM 6.3

Level 4

Hi All,

I am using "com.day.cq.replication.Replicator" for replicating the content programmatically. But if I include the reference for Replicator, my service is not getting active, it is in satisfied state.Same issue is there with "com.day.cq.collab.replication.ReplicationConfigService" also. I am using uber jar for AEM 6.3.Did anyone face this issue?

Thanks in Advance,

Anusha

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This command builds Maven 12 projects:

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.4:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.adobe.granite.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=12 -DarchetypeCatalog=https://repo.adobe.com/nexus/content/groups/public/

As discussed here - Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 Project using Adobe Maven Archetype 12

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

That API should be part of the UBER JAR for 6.3.  How are you creating your project - are you using Maven Archetype project?

Level 10

Try building a Maven Arch 11 project and then adding this API to a class under core. Add the UBER JAR to the parent pom as shown in this article and the other dependencies to the POM under core:

Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 Project using Adobe Maven Archetype 11

This should get your bundle into an Active state.

Level 10

I am testing this right now and will create a Replication API article using Maven Archetype 12.  I will post here once done.

Level 10

As I suspected  - the Rep API does go into Active state when you build using a Maven Archetype 12 project - see:

AREP1.png

Level 4

Thanks for the reply. When I am trying to build a maven Archtype 12 project following the doucmentation, I am getting the following error.

ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2

.4:generate (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: The desired archetype does

not exist (com.adobe.granite.archetypes:aem-project-archetype:12) -> [Help 1]

I could build project using below command.

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.day.jcr.vault -DarchetypeArtifactId=multimodule-content-package-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0 -DarchetypeRepository=adobe-public-releases

Correct answer by
Level 10

This command builds Maven 12 projects:

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.4:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.adobe.granite.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=12 -DarchetypeCatalog=https://repo.adobe.com/nexus/content/groups/public/

As discussed here - Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 Project using Adobe Maven Archetype 12