Expand my Community achievements bar.

Segmentation | IP range not recognized when number of digits in IP range differs

Level 1

Hi,

I was working on Segmentation based on IP range and observed a weird behaviour. If the number of digits in the IP varies, it is not resolved.

Example: 

The IP of my system is 10.202.102.109

When I provide an IP range of 10.202.102.90 to 10.202.102.110 in the segment, it does't gets resolved.

But when I change the IP range from 10.202.102.090 to 10.202.102.110 in the segment, it gets resolved.

Also, there is a defect in the file segment code. On Line 16 of /libs/cq/personalization/components/traits/surferinfo/iprange/trait.js.jsp, AEM is trying to read endRange value but is reading it from startRange property instead of endRange. So, to test the above defect, you need to change it to endRange, otherwise the IP resolves only for the first IP in the range.

Thanks & Regards,

Shailesh Kumar

1 Reply

Administrator

Hi Shailesh

Its a good catch. It seem bug to me too. "10.202.102.90 " =="10.202.102.90 " they both are same. It is the formatting issue. As you stated On Line 16 of /libs/cq/personalization/components/traits/surferinfo/iprange/trait.js.jsp, AEM is trying to read endRange value but is reading it from startRange property instead of endRange. 

Please create a customer care ticket for the same at Link:- https://daycare.day.com/public/contact.html

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni