Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Search setup in AEM 6.5

Level 1

In our project we are planning to setup search for indexing data.

Came across 2 types of elastic search 1. Elastic search and 

2. Elastic search a service.

What is the difference between the two?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@lk08 

To be precise there are two types of Elastic implementation:
1. Elastic site search:
Here you have to setup the elastic server and index data using REST API calls
2. Elastic search as a Service:
This is something new that came up recently when Elastic collaborated with Swiftype. Here we have a dasboard and a login Id. Where you can login and using App ID you can index the data and see it on the dashboard. It's quite easy to use and implement.

I have written a article on second topic i.e, Elastic Search as a Service do check it out.
https://aemsimplifiedbynikhil.wordpress.com/2020/08/11/elastic-search-as-a-service-swiftype/

Thanks,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@lk08 

To be precise there are two types of Elastic implementation:
1. Elastic site search:
Here you have to setup the elastic server and index data using REST API calls
2. Elastic search as a Service:
This is something new that came up recently when Elastic collaborated with Swiftype. Here we have a dasboard and a login Id. Where you can login and using App ID you can index the data and see it on the dashboard. It's quite easy to use and implement.

I have written a article on second topic i.e, Elastic Search as a Service do check it out.
https://aemsimplifiedbynikhil.wordpress.com/2020/08/11/elastic-search-as-a-service-swiftype/

Thanks,
Nikhil

Community Advisor
You get a trail period of 15 days or so, you can play around the dashboard the integration and later opt for the enterprise level setup based on the plan as per your requirement.