Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

saved data and JCR node getting disappear after saving page in aem 6.5

Level 3

Hi All,

We are facing issue with scaffolding page, where we add any content to a multifield and save the page, it shows that the form is saved successfully but after reloading the page it dont show the saved data on UI. When we check the same in jcr node the same data is available. One more issue is that when we modify the same content from page UI and save it, then the JCR nodes are getting disappeared. We see "Uncaught InstanceGenerator" error in browser console. Can anyone help us on this to fix this issue. Any pointers are really appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

When the data is stored in the repository, it is stored in a certain way, with defined names and structures. You reading logic must be able to handle that. I have seen cases where one has changed without the other being adapted.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

Hi All,

Any inputs on why the saved data get disappear on page UI after page refresh? We can see the saved data present in jcr node. Also if we try to update with new content then the entire jcr node gets disappear?

We are using AEM 6.5 with SP11 version. Kindly provide your inputs on this.

Employee Advisor

Just from your description I don't fully understand the flow of your actions.

First of all, what do you mean "and save the page"? AEM page editor will always persist changes immediately without an explicit save operation, either by clicking "ok" on a dialog or when leaving the edit mode (in case of in-place editing).

When there is a difference in the display after an edit and a page refresh, it's most probably due to a mismatch between the format the data is stored in (when saving) and the format the data is expected to be read from (when filling the content fields/components); this can happen, because the data format is defined on saving (defined by the structure), while on fetching it from the repository typically different code is used (often SlingModels nowadays). And of course there can be a mismatch between these 2 entities.

Level 3

Hi @Jörg_Hoh - Thank you for your comments. Actually we have scaffolding page where we are authoring in one of tab where we adding content to one multifield component. When we author this multifield with content and click on save page, we can see the data stored in crx however when we refresh or reopen the same page we are unable to see the stored data. With this when we try to author new content or modify the existing data the node itself get vanished from crx. The format of stored data is same as we have not changed anything in code, however I will investigate on this further. Does this related to anything we misconfigured in component that's causing issue? Kindly provide your thoughts on this.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

When the data is stored in the repository, it is stored in a certain way, with defined names and structures. You reading logic must be able to handle that. I have seen cases where one has changed without the other being adapted.