Expand my Community achievements bar.

SAML logs not present in saml-log.log

Level 4

Hi,

I created a SAML log for debugging purposes. Please take a look at the logger configuration in the attachments. I was expecting to see logs in saml-log.log whenever there is a successful request or failed request. Right now, i can't see any. Log is almost empty. 

Log file is created under logs and it has necessary permissions also to write. 

Please let me know if you need any more details. Thanks for taking your time to help me.

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

are you sure, that the "com.adobe.granite.auth.saml" packages are actually providing the DEBUG statements you are interested in? 

Jörg

Level 4

Hi Jorg,

Yes, it does have log statements like warn, info, error. I can add more log statements and compile classes and things like that. I can do something like that in local but not for our environments where we are testing SAML. We have support ticket for some SAML issues, they are asking for logs and they mentioned to create a log with "com.adobe.granite.auth.saml" and we did it, still not having the necessary information in the logs.

Level 10

SAML is a subject that we will shed some light on. I want to get a SAML webinair for the community as a start. There are too many SAML questions. 

Level 4

Thanks smacdonald2008, It would be very helpful if we have webinar. It would clarify many things.

Right now, do you have any tip or suggestion for me to resolve the above problem?

Thanks

Level 10

I have asked - and the response was this KB: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/saml-demo.html

there is a demo too. I will look to see if there are other examples too. 

Level 10

yiur pattern on logger is wrong. Hence the issue. Fix the pattern correctly.

Level 4

The pattern that you've got is not the most informative but it shouldn't prevent any log messages from appearing in the log file itself.

Even without the custom logger created for the saml package, you should be seeing log messages in the error.logs file. You should look into the error.logs for any log messages too.

I've personally had more luck monitoring the IDP process logs for debugging issues along with the AEM logs so you should take a look at that too.

For shibboleth IDP, you should look at, ${shibboleth.installation.dir}/logs/idp-process.log