Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

SAML logout functionality is not working on AEM 5.6.1. Is there a fix for this issue

Level 3

We are using AEM 5.6.1 with SAML authentication. The user login is perfect and working.

But when the user clicks logout it does not work.

Is there a fix for this issue on 5.6.1.

I have seen documentation where  there is a logout configuration for AEM6+(with SP2).

So is there a similar work-around for  5.6.1?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

The SAML logout feature is not supported in AEM 5.6 . This is available only in AEM 6.  The workaround would be to try providing the SAML logout link in our header as hyperlink for logout. As even in AEM this is what is done. You can then configure your IDP to specify the redirect after logout.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

The SAML logout feature is not supported in AEM 5.6 . This is available only in AEM 6.  The workaround would be to try providing the SAML logout link in our header as hyperlink for logout. As even in AEM this is what is done. You can then configure your IDP to specify the redirect after logout.

Level 3

@Vijayraj.vk

Could you please share more information on the solution you have stated above. 

If I need to set something like below in the header 

response.setHeader("<key>","<logout-url>" );

where should I set this header. what should be value of the attribute <key> in the above code.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Level 2

I was suggesting to use  a normal HREF link for your logout with the link for SAML logout url.